Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boba Fett unmaksed?? aahhh

ISD Rampage

Default Boba Fett unmaksed?? aahhh

FIND five ...no i mean lots ... errors:

http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multi...1-unmasked.jpg

1) hes smiling.. cynichal? BOBA FETT? never
    2) resting on a chair with feet on the table? hmm .. he cannot get up fast enough (if he havent the advantage that lando is already tied up.. but i dont know .. i havent read it)
    3) if i were a bounty hunter, i would shave my head (well, all my BH chars do anyway ) to eliminate the advantages other could make.

and the last:
    WHAT is he doing without his mask? he wont show his face to anyone .. certainly not Lando .. so now Lando must die .. but .. he doesnt show it to thoose who will die either. hmm.. gotta find out who wrote/drawed that crap and mail them asap.
    RA Jastor/ISD Rampage

itty bitty living space!

This image seems to be from Star Wars Infinities -- and once again, I thought the whole point of Star Wars Infinities was to present a vision of Star Wars different from accepted canon.

It is, in fact, a parallel universe. So, a universe in which Fett doesn't worry about unmasking himself and has a more casual attitude -- what's the big deal?

I mean, really, Jango Fett had no problem taking his helmet off -- and there's no indication that Boba Fett did either, except for the fact that he never took it off in the cumulative 15 seconds he was on-screen in the entire classic trilogy.

And the fact that your characters would shave their heads doesn't make for an "error" in this artist's work.

Sorry, I just don't see anything to get this excited about -- and I certainly think calling it "crap" is being unecessarily harsh.

Captain of the Star Destroyer "Vengeance"

I was concerned with the image at first too... but then i realized it was a comic book. And since i haven't read anything 'great' in comic form aside from Poison Elves and Cerberus... I have a lower opinion of comics now. I wish for the days when Jim Lee did X-Men and... Uh what? Uh, I mean... yeah. Lighten up.
    No longer satisfied blowing droids apart, the cyborg Jawa ordered his very own "Little Tyke Death Star" kit from Imperial Toy Makers

"But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." óGeorge W. Bush, summing up his first year in office, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2001

ISD Rampage

if youve read the books about boba fett you wouldnt make that statement about boba fett not having any problem to show of without helmet.
    RA Jastor/ISD Rampage

itty bitty living space!

Yes I would, because I think the books are glorified fanfiction, written by some of the worst authors in the Western world. The people who brought you their visions of Boba Fett and his wheres and whyfors are the same people who brought you the ysalamiri and Ikrit, the Jedi fightin' Easter Bunny, and I have no problem disregarding the books en masse. It's not like I haven't tried to read them. I have. I haven't finished one yet.

But, you see -- that's just my opinion. That's the beauty of Star Wars. Many people can have many different visions of what it's all about, and though they won't always agree, there's room enough for just about anything -- including a picture of an alternate universe where Fett finally takes off his helmet.

New Player

the bounty hunter trillogy didnt make FETT sound to mysterios. having him say alot more at times it wasnt neccasary. hes known for not saying much but suddenly seemd to have alot to say in the books and some of it wasnt verry good
    spoiled it a bit for me
    it didnt make him sound verry FETT

well thats my pennys worth
    keep wach for the imperial white heat while i hot wire this thing

KHALEN PENN back from beyond the outer rim teritories

Why shave your head if you rarely take your helmet off? And if you're going to get that paranoid about it, may as well shave off the old ears as well. They can be grabbed just about as easily as hair, and it hurts alot more...
    Mooo...

ISD Rampage

well, since he had .. pretty long hair in any case he need to fix it with something .. spray whatever so it keeps up and not down and in his eyes.
    RA Jastor/ISD Rampage

The Wave- Man Hamster of the Light

Jastor,

It's a spinoff from Tag and Bink are Dead... (The title should explain it all...) The entire comic is a farce, and deffinitely not something to take seriously. But it is worth a good laugh (which is what it was made to be.)

I guess you'd have to read it to understand. But I can deffinitely assure you that it wasn't made to be taken seriously. (Just read their intro/" disclaimer" if you're curious.)
    Vespa charioteer of the NNTBS Bar and Grill

itty bitty living space!

I thought the first issue of Tag & Bink are Dead was hilarious and brilliant. The second one, not so much, but I still love the concept.

Old timer....

Storm in a tea-cup Jastor. Gven the context of the comic, I can't say I even blinked at the image till you drew attention to it. I certainly don't think it's worth getting worked up about.

Regarding Fett's treatment in the EU in general, I'd have to agree with dgswensen, although there are exceptions. Like anything, the EU spans the whole quality spectrum, with some very nice material buried in amongst the junk. Generally though, I've found Fett to be one of the most abused characters in the EU, because every second writer feels they have to right the definitive work on him, and not usually with much success IMHO. Of course it's just that, only my opinion.

Whats the deal with Fett? not to start a flame war but it seems as though it was pretty cleared he died in RotJ. Wasn't that on purpose from Lucas who didn't really care for him anyways? I'll never understand these EU writers
    Ends don't justify the means.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
    --John Stuart Mill

Rebel Insurgent

To be fair, if any character from the films deserved to be rescued from apparent death, it's Boba Fett. The greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy, son of the man who was the blueprint for the clone wars and one the most popular supporting characters killed because Han Solo accidentally knocked his jet pack switch. Now I've heard of the famous "Solo luck", but that's taking it a bit far.
    Besides, the Sarlacc takes thousands of years to digest its victims - how long do you think it's going to take for him to blow his way out?
    "You're good, but you're no Wes Janson." - Wes Janson

"You are never certain that a person will notice something but there is a good chance the person is going to have to kill it sooner or later. Therefore my padawan, never get any awareness or stealth skills, just be really good at killing." - Jedi Master Yatzi Googol Safefefe

Webmaster: SWRPGNetwork Conversions

I hate to break it to you guys - but that the Infinities adaption of the Empire Strikes Back. So no it didnt happen, but it's not comedy like Tag and Bink.

Me, I've got no problem with Fett taking off his helmet. I mean, his role model didnt live in his helmet 24/7 - only during combat situations was he fully geared up. Hell, even during the exectution he was sans-helmet.
    -Tony
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Come look at at my new obsession
    ----> http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonyjcase/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dark Lord, Warriors of Gar

Boba is a clone of Jango. We already know what he looks like, like Jango. So what's the beef with him appearing in the comic looking as we know he looks?
    "As Warriors we rule, As Warriors we rule,
    Under the axe of might, there will be Blood Tonight, Blood Tonight!"

- Warriors of Gar Battle Anthem
    Sithspawn's Lair
    Warriors of Gar

Thread Information