Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eu Novels?

Moderator: Rumours and Speculation

Default Eu Novels?

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can give me a complete list of the EU Novels that occur after RotJ in chronological order. I read the thread "NJO Books" which mentioned some of the novels, but I have no idea what order they occur in.

I've only read the early ones, but I think it goes (at the beginning):

Truce at Bakura
    The Courtship of Princess Leia
    The Thrawn Trilogy
    The Jedi Academy Trilogy
    Rogue Squadron

I could easily be wrong on that, though .

If anyone could help me out, that would be great. I'm running a campaign in the New Republic Era, and I want to read the books so I can find out what is happening in the Universe at the time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jon
    "What the hell are you waiting for?"
    Encore - Jay Z feat. Linkin Park

I've relinqueshed control of my Insanity

Truce at Bakura (taking place immediately after RotJ, but you knew that )
    The Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy
    Rogue Squadron books start not to long after this and continue for some time with a few breaks here and there.
    Courteship of Princess Leia (a couple X-wing books take place immediately before hand and help expand on Courteships back story)
    Thrawn Trilogy
    I'jedi and the Jedi Academy Trilogy (I, Jedi is highly recommended!!!)
    Children of the Jedi (Blah)
    Darksaber (Jury is out on this one. If you don't mind the superweapon of the week club, then this book is ok, especially if you ignore Durga's part in the book)
    Planet of Twilight (this isn't all that good)
    The Crystal Star (double blah)
    Black Fleet crisis (Jury is out on this one too, I liked it cause it had a semi-realistic war going on, but the writing style had much to be desired)
    The New Rebellion (I didn't like it, but others did)
    Corellian Trilogy (At first I kinda liked it, then I didn't. It doesn't really seem to fit into the rest of the time line anyway, except for mentions in the NJO books)
    Hand of Thrawn Duology (Freakin Sweet! very recommended!)

Also do not forget shadows of the Empire between ESB and RotJ. And there is the Han Solo trilogy starting 22 years before, and going right up to ANH, with acouple breaks for some of the old Han Solo comics (Han Solo and the CSA, I believe)

sorry if the comments where unwelcome. You can see a complete list in the front of all NJO books (at least all the ones I have seen, which is quite a few thus far)
    Reality is but a figment

Smile EU List

Here are two links, both dealing with book lists. The first leads to the Ultimate Timeline over at TheForce.Net. There you can chose the EU sections and will get the chronological order of all books, comics and other printed media. You will also get the exat dates when every book took place.

The Ultimate Timeline

The second link is the general book list at TFN. Here you see the novels in chronological order.

Book List

Thanks both you guys . This tells me exactly what I need to know, namely, that I need to re-read the rogue squadron books (I only got as far as #4 the first time) and read I, Jedi.

Cheers,

Jon
    Last edited by Wedge in Red2; 2 September 2002 at 06:54 PM.

I've relinqueshed control of my Insanity

Glad to be of help
    Reality is but a figment

Veteran Player

Too all, for note. As per amazon, force heretic 1 and 2 are out Feb and April 2003 respectively. At this early point, there is no 'blurb' on them.
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

Veteran Player

Has anyone got any info on what the last book of the series will be? Al lthe lists i have end with the third force heretic:reunion? I was wondering if there was going t obe a last hard cover....
    You cannot dodge it if you don't know it is coming, and you cannot shoot at what you don't know is there!

Jedi Master & Guardian of Peace, Justice and the Okina-Rdae Technologies Forum

I have heard that there will be one more paperback (author unknown) after the Force Heretic Trilogy then the last Handcover which might be called The Unifying Force. I know that it will be written by James Luceno.
    i was more like uncle luke: a human weapon, point me at the bad guys and turn me loose. i knock ‘em down and everybody cheers. - Anakin Solo Hallucination

Originally posted by Zanus
    Black Fleet crisis (Jury is out on this one too, I liked it cause it had a semi-realistic war going on, but the writing style had much to be desired)
    Hmmm. Well, I thought I'd resurect this thread (although perhaps I should start another one) to give my feedback, given I've just started reading the Black Fleet Crisis.

I'm about 120 pages into the first book, and I don't really like it. It's just my opinion () so don't shoot me. But the reasons are (in no particular order):

1) Character dialogue is not particularly "Star Wars-ie". Particularly Leia, I found it difficult to imagine her saying that stuff. Maybe it's because she's worn down by the role of President, but her dialogue is very flat. My resounding memories of her from the movies she had a lot of impassioned dialogue and was a bit of a firebrand. I'm not getting that from the novel. This carries over to other characters too.

2) The Luke thread. For one, the authors view of Jedi seems to deviate significantly from other novels. Luke seems a lot more "neutral" in alignment than "good", if that makes any sense. And some of the stuff he does just seems very close to the Dark Side. There's one passage there when it says something along the lines of "he let his fear build, then channeled it"...surely that's drawing on the dark side? And he uses Force Flight (very Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon like) on Yavin, at a time when Luke had (again, IMO) started using a lot less physical manifestations of the Force. It just seemed...strange.

There are other reasons, but those two will do for now. It just seemed to me that this was not the Star Wars that I had come to know and love.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Jon

Stand firm, America. Weather the storm.

I have heard that there will be one more paperback (author unknown) after the Force Heretic Trilogy then the last Handcover which might be called The Unifying Force. I know that it will be written by James Luceno.
    Figured I'd let you guys know that a few weeks ago on www.theforce.net a report was made that the unknown book (a paperback set before the last hardcover) has been revealed.

So here are the last books:

-Force Heretic I: Remnant
    -Force Heretic II: Refugee
    -Force Heretic III: Reunion
    -The Final Prophecy (by Greg Keyes)
    -The Unifying Force (by James Luceno)

I'm excited about the last leg of this series! Too bad the next novel doesn't hit stores until February.
    "You're good, but you're no Luke Skywalker."
    -Commander Wedge Antilles, X-wing: Rogue Squadron

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."-Proverbs

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

Master Jedi Weapon Master

It should be noted that Zanus left out several books from the list: the 14 Young Jedi Knights books and the 6 Junior Jedi Knights books are not on that list and should be.

Shadow Master

Default I have to agree

There is a lot of information that is relevant to the current Legacy of the Force series that is in those books because those were the stories of the new main character's lives growing up.
    Clone Commando CP-647 "Gig", Sigma-Squad Slicer
    GM: Shadows in the Dark w/ me being The Shadow Master
    Follow me to the Abyss
    GM: Fortune of the Jaded Angel w/ me funneling chaos to the crew.

Though you can easily get on without them as the NJO is nice enough to refresh the important parts about the chars, miho.
    "I want a definitive answer, no more of your weaselly technobabble"

Master Jedi Weapon Master

Originally posted by Garan
    Though you can easily get on without them as the NJO is nice enough to refresh the important parts about the chars, miho.
    I disagree. The YJK and JJK books are vital to even understanding parts of the NJO, including the relationship between Anakin and Tahiri; and,during the DN trilogy, truely understanding the strong connection between Jacen and Tenel Ka. People who haven’t read the YJK books don’t get how Jacen and Tenel Ka could have always loved each other when the NJO doesn’t deal that much with their relationship. To really see how their romance developed, you need to read the YJK books.

Peccator out of residence

The YJK and JJK books are vital to even understanding parts of the NJO, including the relationship between Anakin and Tahiri; and,during the DN trilogy, truely understanding the strong connection between Jacen and Tenel Ka. People who haven’t read the YJK books don’t get how Jacen and Tenel Ka could have always loved each other when the NJO doesn’t deal that much with their relationship. To really see how their romance developed, you need to read the YJK books.
    Refrsh, not discover for the first time.
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

PS: "'Psych' for short. Not Psycho. No o, oh no, no o." Ronin

Thread Information