0 0%
  • Grand Admiral Pellaeon

18 40.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Favorite Imperial Leader during NR

Grand Admiral
    Bridge of the Imperial Star Destroyer Chimaera

Default POLL: Favorite Imperial Leader during NR

Vote here and then post saying whom you voted for and why. Just interested! Have fun! Oh yeah, mine is ol' Thrawny cause he did what the Emperor failed to do, lose only a single battle and nearly route the ENTIRE New Republic. He's also the coolest character to read about IMHO.
    Last edited by linkstarwars; 3 January 2006 at 05:29 AM.
    "I forget nothing.", Thrawn(The Last Command)

(\__/)
    (+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him
    (")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination!

Currently Playing:
    Toryn Vale [SAGA] Rights of Sentience

Worked On:
    Kashyyyk and Other Worlds Sourcebook - A HoloNet Members Project (Stalled)
    Another Add-on Story (Yuuzhan Vong)

Moderator: Rumours and Speculation

This poll is rather similar to one that was posted a few months ago on the Most Competant Military Leaders (link here ). I imagine the results of this poll (which targets a smaller subset of that previous poll) will be very similar to the previous poll. In that poll, Thrawn ran away with it, only Wedge and Ackbar giving any real competition. And given Wedge and Ackbar are not included in the subset for this poll, well, I think it's unlikely Thrawn will get much competition.

I'm going to let this stand at the moment, despite it's similarity to the previous poll as, well, there's not much else happening on here at the moment. Just don't be too surprised if people don't want to repeat their reasons for voting Thrawn.

Jon
    "What the hell are you waiting for?"
    Encore - Jay Z feat. Linkin Park

Experienced Player

I voted for Pallaeon, due to the fact that in many ways, he succeded where the rest failed.

He survived through the war with the new republic, and maintaned his control and authority over the empire/imperial remnant throughout.

He was also the only one who realized that it was possible to bring an end to the war without the complete destruction of one or both governments.

Thrawn was a brilliant tactician, but was killed.
    Dalla never realized that patience could be a virtue, and that it was of supreme importance to ally yourself with the splinter groups of her own faction.
    I couldn't vote for the emporer reborn because i haven't read the dark empire comice.
    And Isard gave up the capital world of the empire, lost her fleet and flagship, was unable to hold thyferra, and was killed in the ciutric affair.

Uncle Gilad of course. ^^ You just have to love the old man, though he is pretty badly written in the Darksabre novel, but is just great in most of the other novels that show him.
    "I want a definitive answer, no more of your weaselly technobabble"

Peccator out of residence

This poll is rather similar to one that was posted a few months ago on the Most Competant Military Leaders (link here ). I imagine the results of this poll (which targets a smaller subset of that previous poll) will be very similar to the previous poll. In that poll, Thrawn ran away with it, only Wedge and Ackbar giving any real competition. And given Wedge and Ackbar are not included in the subset for this poll, well, I think it's unlikely Thrawn will get much competition.
    As the creator of said linked ot thread, I'd like to point out the specific (and crucial) difference between this one and last. This one says who your fav. The other requests competency. Alot of peopel voted Thrawn there despite the fact that they might not like him.
    I, personally, like both Thrawn and Pellaeon, so Pellaeon got my vote here because I voted Thrawn before.
    And yes, Thrawn and Pellaeon will run away with this poll. But oh well, IMO.

Anyways, I think there were a few leaders left off who would have gotten votes in this one. (Just like how I left off some who would have had votes in the last one.) This poll, in my opinion, is missing at the very least Zsinj, Teradoc, Tavira, and Ait Convarion. I would have voted Convarion if possible, and I do recall people liking (or at least discussing)Zsinj and Teradoc (and Harsk), and I figure there's at least one vote out there for Tavira. (probly a Corran hater. )
    If you want to contact me, a private message will work. I am currently on hiatus, but I will respond.
    Featured Quote: “The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.”
    St. Peter of Alcántara

PS: "'Psych' for short. Not Psycho. No o, oh no, no o." Ronin

Dark Lord, and the Fourth Centurion, of the HotShot Quiz
    Roaming the Tombs of the Sith Lords on Korriban

Old Pelly. I remember hating him during the Thrawn trilogy and taking pleasure at his despair when he realized Thrawn was dead. However, his transformation into a genuinely noble and intelligent individual has made me like him a lot.

Besides, he gets to say, "The Empire will always strike back!" during the NJO series.

Darth Fierce
    Currently Working On:
    --The Holonet Alien Anthology
    --The Friends and Foes Compendium
    In loving memory of P.C., we who knew you will never forget you...

Penultimate Adversary

Having not yet finished the NJO series, I voted Thrawn. Maybe Pellaeon will take his place as I make more progress. Isard's OK -- certainly clever -- but not quite clever enough. Myopic, you might say.

As for the others, well, Daala is just idiotic, and I have a hard time taking anything from Dark Empire seriously.

(Also, Thrawn is based on Sherlock Holmes, of whom I'm a fan.)
    Mike Lynch | Type: Earthling | Crappy laptop repair 2D
    "So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause." -- Padme Amidala

All knowing, all seeing eye of Star Wars
    Out in the Unknown Regions of my mind....

It was a difficult choice, but I voted for Thrawn. He had the mojo to take on the NR, and nearly won. Even the rumors of his resurrection ten years later had the NR panicking.
    "You don't know the Power of a Darkside!" - Darth Vader to Luke (Episode V)

Co-author of the Rise of the Empire Infinities Sourcebook: http://submissions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1865
    Co-Author of the Rebellion Era Infinities Sourcebook: http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=1867
    Co-Author of The Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e515z0...Version%5D.pdf

Originally posted by Darth Fierce
    Old Pelly. I remember hating him during the Thrawn trilogy and taking pleasure at his despair when he realized Thrawn was dead. However, his transformation into a genuinely noble and intelligent individual has made me like him a lot.

Besides, he gets to say, "The Empire will always strike back!" during the NJO series.

Darth Fierce
    Oh, I have to know, which NJO book was that little gem in?

I voted thrawn, but just because he did so much with what he had. And had it not been for Ruhk, he probably would've defeated the New Republic and rebuilt the empire.
    From shooting through a TIE Interecteptor viewport with a blaster pistol to setting up a pair of ewoks with a heavy repeating blaster, I aim to please.

Want Conversions of your favorite Sci-Fi ships into SWRPG? PM me, the offer is open.

I prefer my drama on the H'net, not RL, thanks. -Vanger Chevane

I voted for Thrawn because of his tactical finess he possessed. And as Drendar pointed out Thrawn nearly overthrew the New Republic with only the few ( ) resources he had.
    And there goes my vote.
    Uron's game Archive
    ├ L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    Potentate of the Rose

Originally posted by Uron Teff
    I voted for Thrawn because of his tactical finess he possessed. And as Drendar pointed out Thrawn nearly overthrew the New Republic with only the few ( ) resources he had.
    And there goes my vote.
    Hey, compared to the OLD Empire of thousands of capital ships he only had a few dozen in his fleet at the battle where he fell.
    From shooting through a TIE Interecteptor viewport with a blaster pistol to setting up a pair of ewoks with a heavy repeating blaster, I aim to please.

Want Conversions of your favorite Sci-Fi ships into SWRPG? PM me, the offer is open.

I prefer my drama on the H'net, not RL, thanks. -Vanger Chevane

Thrawn. His cold calculating genius was very well realised in the trilogy. He would have done Sidious proud had he been around at that time.

New Player

gotta be thrawn. Dont ya just love a blue guy who sits in the dark looking at paintings before wiping the floor with anyone that doesnt surrender immediately
    Irony?Like goldery and silvery

This is either bravery worthy of a VC or recklessness worthy of Ford Prefect

A Big Boy did it and ran away!

“Three blokes go into a pub, one of them is a little bit stupid and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious sense of inevitability.” –Bill Bailey (1982 Michael Bolton regional Stars in their Eyes winner)

Diplomacy - the art of saying `Nice doggie' 'til you can find a big enough rock.

Pelleon. He defeats the Yuuzhan Vong, from a BACTA TANK.

That's just awesome. Anyone who can win a battle while floating naked in minty cheese juice is bad ass.
    Moo.

I'm going with Pelleon all the way. Sure, Thrawn was a far better tactician and strategist, but he had very little depth. All he was about was defeating the New Republic; he didn't do anything else. Pelleon has an odd little sense of humor, a definite human side, hobbies, nobility, what have you. There is just more to him than the cold blooded Chiss punk.

As for any others, I think Zsinj could give these guys a real run for the money. He had the tactical and strategetic abilities of an Imp admiral coupled with a shrewd business mind and excessive use of new technologies that outdid Thrawn. Sure, Thrawn made great use of the technology he had, and the couple high-tech gizmos he got his hands on. But Zsinj was much better at finding new avenues of technology to use and exploiting them.

As for the rest, lets see:

Daala: She is an overeager, arrogant fool. Far too confident despite the repeated times she gets slapped down for it.
    Ysanne Isard: Psycho.
    Tavira: Self-centered, typical Imperial arrogance, and too self-interested to achieve anything for the good of the Empire.
    Convarion: Fairly typical Imperial, a little trigger-happy. Meh.
    Various warlords (Teradoc, Harsk): Kids on a playground. No concept of alliances, unified forces, business, what have you. Zsinj is the only warlord I've seen with enough wisdom to make an economically balanced empire.
    Empire Reborn: I haven't read the series, but I from what I know he never learns his lesson. The Galaxy Gun, Eclipse I and II, World Devastators: just more superweapons to have fail on you.

Thread Information