View Poll Results: The New Threat?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Empire

5 10.42%
  • The Sith

14 29.17%
  • The New Republic itself (possible internal strife, ala Rise of the Empire era)

6 12.50%
  • Powerful alien species bent on domination

2 4.17%
  • Some new Empire (different ideologies, culture, etc)

1 2.08%
  • The Yuuzhan Vong come back for more

0 0%
  • Different extra-galactic invaders

0 0%
  • Combination of the above (explain)

3 6.25%
  • None of the above

6 12.50%
  • Something different (explain)

11 22.92%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After the Vong are repelled, the galaxy needs a new threat.

Veteran Player

Default After the Vong are repelled, the galaxy needs a new threat.

Obviously, the SW Galaxy is almost constantly in a state of war. It simply makes it more interesting that way. In your opinion, who would/should/could become the next major threat to the galaxy after the Vong are finally defeated (in your opinion)?

Veteran Player

In response to my own poll, I think a combination of the Empire and the Sith would be interesting. Either working together or separately (all the more fun )

Rebel Insurgent

To be honest, I don't want to think about it. One the things I have against NJO (not that I don't like it) is that I was going "oh no, not another threat to the galaxy, all I want is a little peace". So I think they deserve a rest for a while. The Force has been balanced, whatever that means.
    "You're good, but you're no Wes Janson." - Wes Janson

"You are never certain that a person will notice something but there is a good chance the person is going to have to kill it sooner or later. Therefore my padawan, never get any awareness or stealth skills, just be really good at killing." - Jedi Master Yatzi Googol Safefefe

Doin' the bull dance, feelin' the flow...

I'm actually hoping for some unique peace-time tales of the new jedi order. I wouldn't mind reading about the peace-keeping exploits of a few Jedi for 3-5 books.

I think some good Sith-based novels would be OK, but only after a little change of pace and such.

(I should note that I'm not certain that this fits in the SW-RPG discussion -- perhaps the NJO Forum or something)
    e v a n h a n s e n
    arraknor station www.umich.edu/~hansene/swrpg

Nerf Warrior Extraordinaire

I agree with Evan Hansen. Peacetime isn't necessarily boring. Given that everything else is set either in war, or threat of war, it would be a refreshing change to see some peacetime novels. In fact, I would hope that they would devote an entire "era" to this concept, because I can see a lot of book (and adventure) material in it.
    Last edited by Jedi_Staailis; 8 October 2002 at 03:05 PM.

Captain of the Star Destroyer "Vengeance"

i chose "other"-

[Start Super Sunday Voice- deep and loud]

I envision a galaxy torn asunder by the new...

exploitive...

powerful....

and expensive....

[mundane office clerk voice] corporations returned from the ashes to sqaubble over publics and services that will in turn bribe politicians who will in turn give special interests a larger than normal voice in government... in other words, back to what the New Republic does best- bicker and fight about the price of fuel rods at the pump.
    No longer satisfied blowing droids apart, the cyborg Jawa ordered his very own "Little Tyke Death Star" kit from Imperial Toy Makers

"But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." —George W. Bush, summing up his first year in office, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2001

It's time for some sith to at least do something again... or a sith-based novel from sith pov. the sith will rise again... so goes the ebb and flow of the galaxy. somebody's gonna find some sith lorebooks, and the tradition will be reborn.
    "You also tilt when you should withdraw; and that, too, is knightly." -A Knight's Tale
    "Calm seemed to flow from him, and a deep sense... of vast strength bought at a terrible price" -Children of the Jedi

Ewok Warrior

I can see it now...

The Ewok Rebellion! They will combine all the lumber on their planet into giant logs, and launch them at other planets! How could it not work?!?

Sith Chick, 1ST HotShot Quiz Centurion, and Master Lurker
    Searching for warmth in the cold darkness of Lurkerdom ...

My vote goes with Alfred's plan
    "Anger, Fear, Agression. The dark side are they!"
    Vixen~of~Venus
    "A woman with a lightsaber!! Run boys! RUN!!!"
    "Roll for initiative Monkeyboy!!"

Jedi Master & Guardian of Peace, Justice and the Okina-Rdae Technologies Forum

The Ewok Menace? Atack of the Ewoks? The Endorian Hope? The Ewoks Strike Back? Revenge of the Ewoks?

And my favorite scary movie used to be Showgirls.

In all seriousness however, I think that a new Dark Side evil that has to be fought by the newly knighted Jedi like the Solo Twins and friends (if they survive the NJO that is).
    i was more like uncle luke: a human weapon, point me at the bad guys and turn me loose. i knock ‘em down and everybody cheers. - Anakin Solo Hallucination

Webmaster: SWRPGNetwork Conversions

Naw - enough war. Time to let the galaxy recover and rebuild. Super Dimensional Fortress Macross was one of the better anime series I'd seen - and what made it stand out was that about a 3rd of the show was about the aftermath of the Earth/Zentraedi war. Sure there were battles, but the character development was much richer for the last portion of the story arc.
    -Tony
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Come look at at my new obsession
    ----> http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonyjcase/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Experienced Player

If you take into account the vast military the empire had during its peak of power there are bound to be local warlords long after the fall of the empire. They might not be the grand threat to peace in the galaxy, but might take a few systems and turn them into their own "kingdoms".

Using the fairly indoctrinated personel of the empire and telling them it is for the greater good of the empire, and then throw some of those opportunist with absolutely no moral into the pot, you have a deadly brew that sure will make life miserable for those unfortunate enough to live on the systems the warlord sees as "his system".

Sum of it all i don´t think there is a need for the great threat. Overall peace in the galaxy, but with some serious mopping up to do, should provide enough material for a peace time era

Retired Supreme Moff

Moving to NJO forum

Oh, and I always liked the Empire, so it would be good if they (or some form of them) came back.
    You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters.

Plato, Dialogues, Theatetus

New Player

So they make some books on peacetime. That is good with me. But then, a sentient computer virus covertly begins bringing its crushing fist over the galaxy...

Wait, does that work?
    Machines making machines. How perverse.
    -C-3P0, Ep. II

Coming Soon - The Underworld Sourcebook:
    Want to make the Kessel Run? Ever wanted to be a Bounty Hunter? Find out what pirates are the best? Work for the Hutts? Then get ready for The Underworld Sourcebook!!

New Player

Lightbulb Eureka!!!

Maybe something the Vong leave behind could be the next threat,such as the YV molecular disease that Mara Jade was infected with,or left over Yuuzan Vong bio-technology could mutate.The Arkanians could get a hold of YV equipment and combine it with life from their galaxy.The possibility for new plots is almost endless!Almost.

Thread Information