Thread: Boba Fett

Default Boba Fett

After Boba Fett's first appeaance in ESB, there were many books and magazines that had an image of him with lines of text explaining parts of his armor.

One of the lines says the strands of hair dangling of his right shoulder are wookie scalps to show his abilities as a hunter to take down such powerful beings. However after TPM and AOTC, we have been introduced to a new conecpt with Jedi. It is called the Jedi Padawan braid. A single strand of hair tied together like a minature ponytail dangling down their right side. Could it be that those hairs on Boba were not wookie scalps but Jedi braids.

I mean he has a VERY good reason to hate Jedi and want to kill them. Could those actually be Jedi Padawan braids and not wookie scalps?

What is your opinion?
    When you wish on a falling star, dreams can come true.

Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life.

Than your pretty much hosed no matter what you wished for. Unless your wish was death by meteor, than you can die soundly knowing that wishes do come true.

Sith Chick, 1ST HotShot Quiz Centurion, and Master Lurker
    Searching for warmth in the cold darkness of Lurkerdom ...

MY GOD FRED ... I LOVE THE WAY YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like your ideas and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    "Anger, Fear, Agression. The dark side are they!"
    Vixen~of~Venus
    "A woman with a lightsaber!! Run boys! RUN!!!"
    "Roll for initiative Monkeyboy!!"

Ya know, that makes a twisted sort of sense.

Maybe people started calling them wookie braids and the almighty hunter just didn't dissuade them.
    The Internet has ruined credibility. How much impact do you think the Declaration of Independence would have had if it had been filled with signatures like Deathscream or Hoppybunny27?

I've heard this theory before.. only problem with it, by time boba comes of age I supect the jedi will be more or less extinct.

Sith Chick, 1ST HotShot Quiz Centurion, and Master Lurker
    Searching for warmth in the cold darkness of Lurkerdom ...

Boba is 10 at the time of AtoC ... there is 18-20 years more before ANH ... how much coming of age does he need?
    "Anger, Fear, Agression. The dark side are they!"
    Vixen~of~Venus
    "A woman with a lightsaber!! Run boys! RUN!!!"
    "Roll for initiative Monkeyboy!!"

Jedi Master of the Old Republic
    Now we're on Yavin after our secret base was compromised...It's hard to fight continuity!!!

Cool idea Fred! After awhile he probably got bored and stopped collecting after 4 or 5. Of course, those must have been those rare "hippy" padawans based on the length of those braids.

As for Boba and him killing Jedi...I think that if Boba is really going to be in EpIII (rumor?) then his sole reason to be in the movie is to kill Mace (probably a sniper shot or coup de grace). Granted, no Windu braid, although his tanned scalp might be hidden in there somewheres with all that hair hanging around.
    Jim Williams

I've relinqueshed control of my Insanity

Anyone else notice that Jango's gloves are grey, but Boba's gloves a dark leather? I was just checking some pictures of the two and noticed this.
    Reality is but a figment

Save Ferris!

Considering the length of the braids, I don't see how they could be wookie fur either.

I do like the idea of him hunting jedi (and then collecting padawan braids). Then again, considering how well non-jedi have faired against jedi in the movies (poor Jango) I don't see Boba taking up jedi-hunting as a full time job...
    "Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain

Armed and Dangerous

Default Fett's Armor

Yes, I think the trophy scalps on Boba's armor once belonged to Padawans who created a nice challenge and nice bounty, plus it allows the hunter to take out a little payback with every confirmed kill.

Boba's armor weapons have the ability to do lots damage to Jedi, especially unexperienced Jedi. Missile Launchers, Stun grenades, and the ability to fly and fire from a safe distance away from a lightsaber blade make Boba quite dangerous.

Shoot at the Jedi, try and stun the Jedi, and then use a missile after the Jedi is exhausted from all the deflecting (as far as I know, a Jedi cannot really do much against a missile except duck, dodge and hide, and grenades are risky too. Hit a grenade, stun or whatever, and it may detonate). He watched his dad put some moves down on Obi-wan, and all in all, it worked pretty well considering one was a force wielder with a lightsaber. Jedi are tough, but not unstoppable.

Fett may have killed more Jedi than just four or five as the scalps suggest, it is just that there may have only been some charcoal and a burnt lightsaber to sift through if he bothered to look for a trophy.
    Last edited by Krad-edis; 23 October 2002 at 02:06 PM.

Armed and Dangerous

Default Boba's BBQ

Originally posted by Krad-edis
    Boba's armor weapons have the ability to do lots damage to Jedi, especially unexperienced Jedi. Missile Launchers, Stun grenades, and the ability to fly and fire from a safe distance away from a lightsaber blade make Boba quite dangerous.
    I forgot to mention the flame projectors. Even Mace Windu looked as if he have been singed by Jango's fire attack. Someone of less skill may have lost more than just a robe. TOASTY!

Thread Information