Thread: The Mandalorian (S1, Spoilers aplenty)

Default The Mandalorian (S1, Spoilers aplenty)

NO SPOILERS FOR SEASON TWO, PLEASE

I signed up to Disney+ last week and got straight into The Mandalorian.
    And love it.

Where to start...
    It’s clear that Favreau and Filoni love the original trilogy. That we’ve had so many small things from the olden days that have been reused, expanded upon or things that were mentioned are finally being shown...is fantastic. The pulse rifle and old tradition of Mandalorians riding Mythosaurs taken from the SW Holiday Special was an excellent nod to the past, and the mention of Life Day was a great surprise. We’ve all heard “No disintegrations” and at last we got to see some.
    I like that the Razor Crest looks a lot like Jango’s ship (that he had before Slave I) from the 2000s PS1 Bounty Hunter game.
    The bits of Mandalorian lore that we get, bit by bit, I’m really enjoying.

I liked Sanctuary. As the series has a very `Western`/`Samurai` theme (Lone Wolf and Cub, of course, Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven...) they had to do an episode like this. Great to see an AT-ST given respect!

I felt the episode The Prisoner was a bit off...it felt quite different from the rest...but I don’t really mind it. It brought in New Republic elements to the series, a prison break is a good common Western plot, and perhaps sometime we’ll again see those three who ended up in the cell at the end. I liked the Twi’ siblings, and the Dev, but not so much Mayfeld. His gear was cool, but I felt his clothing could have been a little more interesting. A bit more `Star Wars` in there somehow.

I loved the finale. I was sad to see Kuiil killed, I do feel that they couldn’t keep all `the goodies` alive from season one to two. Some dying gives everything more weight, I feel.
    I liked the Client, but I guess with Moff Gideon introduced, we didn’t need him anymore. And I’m impressed with Gideon. Knows everything, like an ISB boss should. And where’d he get that blade? Great stuff.
    I wonder if we’ll see any more of Dr. Pershing?

Who do you think it was who came over to the assassin Fennec Shand’s body at the end of Gunslinger? Fett?

D6 Forever!

I'm really hoping that the individual who arrived over the body of Shand was NOT Fett. Honestly, to what good would adding Fett to the show, even if just for an episode or two, provide? It would diminish the lead character at the least, and it would bring to the fore-front direct comparisons (so-and-so is better.... is not!) between the main character and Fett.

I do enjoy the series quite a lot, and came up with D6 stats for a few of the characters.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

I’d be keen to see those stats!
    Have you posted them here?

I agree that I wouldn’t want to end up with comparisons/fights(!) amongst the fans over the better Mando, thought I did hear rumours about Fetts armour showing up in season 2.

D6 Forever!

I just put up my concept ideas for the Mandalorian's Beskar Armor
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    facta, non verba

Thread Information